Students often find the outcomes described in the Syllabus difficult to respond to effectively.In order to write an essay they must deconstruct, analyse, and understand what the question is asking them to do.
How do you answer your assessment questions correctly?
At Smart Moves Coaching our HSC tutoring philosophy looks at the individuals essay skills, develops their ability to read questions critically, and insightfully. So each individual can achieve their personal best. No matter what subject or topic.
HSC Tutoring for Area of Study: Belonging
This area of study requires students to explore ways in which the concept of belonging is represented in and through texts. Perceptions and ideas of belonging, or of not belonging, vary. These perceptions are shaped within personal, cultural, historical and social contexts. A sense of belonging can emerge from the connections made with people, places, groups, communities and the larger world. Within the area of study, students may consider aspects of belonging in terms of experiences and notions of identity, relationships, acceptance and understanding.
Texts explore many apects of belonging, including the potential of the individual to enrich or challenge a community or group. They may reflect the way attitudes to belonging are modified over time. Texts may also represent choices not to belong, or barriers which prevent belonging.
Perceptions and ideas of belonging in texts can be constructed through a variety or language modes, forms, features and structures. In engaging with the text, a responder may experience and understand the possibilities presented by a sense of belonging to, or exclusion from, the text and the world it represents. This engagement may be influenced by the different ways of perspectives are given voice in or are absent from a text.
Our tutors at Smart Moves focus on a style of HSC tutoring that nourishes the student’s ability and helps to build their confidence. So the student can effectively write top band essays. This is achieved through our one-on-one HSC tutoring style. Each student is able to see BOS model answers and understand how the writer effectively answered the question.
Addressing the Area of Study:
In their responses and compositions, students examine, question, reflect and speculate on:
- How the concept of belonging is conveyed through the representations of people, relationships, ideas, places, events and societies that they encounter in the prescribed text and texts of their own choosing related to the Area of Study.
- Assumptions underlying various representations of the concept of belonging.
- How the composer’s choice of language modes, forms, features and structures shapes and is shaped by a sense of belonging.
- Their own experiences of belonging in a variety of contexts.
- The ways in which they perceive the world through texts.
- The ways in which exploring the concept and significance of belonging may broaden and deepen their understanding of themselves and their world.
Our tutors can help you learn how to effectively respond to these text types and reflect the concept of the journey. This is achieved in our one-on-one HSC Tutoring lessons. Our Tutors teach the key elements to a narrative as well as the other text types set for the HSC exam.